Saturday, May 27, 2006

Can't Say I'm Happy

but if Iain Dowie is to be announced as our new manager on Tuesday then I'm gonna make damn sure I get right behind him. He's got one hellavu job to do anyway without the fans on his back from the very start.

Personally, I don't think he is the right man for the job and it has nothing to do with his Palace connections. I just don't think he's good enough. I'm still holding out hope that it'll be Sammy Lee paraded in front of the world's press on Tuesday but being realistic it is going to be Dowie. However much I don't agree with his appointment I do feel that having interviewed over twenty candidates we have to trust Richard Murray and Peter Varney on this. Both are Charlton Athletic through and through and the decision they have made is, in their opinion, the right one for the Club and so I support them in that respect.

Fans who are suggesting that they will not renew their season tickets because 'it is Dowie and he's Palace' are really not worth bothering with. If you don't renew/buy tickets because you don't like the manager then half the grounds in the country would be half-full every week. You support a Club, not even the team, and you do so because you love the Club. To be so fickle as to base your support, or lack of it, on whom the manager may be that week is nonsensical.

As to whom will make up the triumvate announced on Tuesday opinion is divided. Dowie seems a stick-on as manager. Les Reed seems a stick-on too, as either assistant or coach (and I'm VERY happy about that). The third appointment is more contentious. Some say it's already been made in the shape of Andrew Mills, General Manager - Football, brought in earlier this month to deal with transfers and other football related matters. I'm not so sure. We need to replace not just Curbs but Day and Peacock too, so I feel that another appointment on the coaching side is forthcoming (plus Mills appointment was made known a few weeks ago). If another coach is appointed most seem to believe it will be either Mark Robson or Chrissy Powell. Either way, I'd be happy but Robson is the more qualified and I feel he should get the nod.

Whatever happens we have a very important season ahead and we all need to get behind those in charge and give them our FULL support. So, let's hear it for

Iain Dowie's Red and White Army !!
Iain Dowie's Red and White Army !!

3 Comments:

At 11:34 am, Blogger Wyn Grant said...

Well said

 
At 7:35 am, Blogger Hilltothevalley said...

It also gets to me people posting and not checking their typos before submitting ---- whoops sorry

 
At 7:51 am, Blogger Hilltothevalley said...

even worse when their mis spelt posting does not get posted and they apologise for something thats not there--- weird

 

Post a Comment

<< Home