Tuesday, May 31, 2005

An Apology (Of Sorts)

Seems as if my previous post generated much criticism especially from the anonymous amongst you. Very brave. Interestingly, the most concise comment came from Rob, a thirteen year old. Good luck with your blog mate. The thoughtful comment of 'tosser' was most enlightening.

However, I agree that on reflection the article was perhaps a bit over the top and for that I apologise to Lee Harrison. I don't agree though that, despite running a business, this would restrict you sufficiently from not visiting The Valley in over 13 years. I agree that it might prevent you from visiting on a regular basis but no-one works 24/7 and especially in recent years we have had sufficient Sunday games that would have made such a visit possible if you work Saturday's. Also, I would have thought that by putting yourself forward for this article, or a 'friend' putting you forward for it, you have to accept that some people are going to disagree with it's content and perhaps comment on it.

So, I hope Lee will accept my apologies if the article caused him any offence. For those whose first visit it was to this blog I urge you to read previous posts to see what the content is usually and to those that have visited before I hope that you continue to do so.

Updates during the summer may be few and far between but The Rumour Mill Site will be up-dated on an almost daily basis.

1 Comments:

At 4:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it would be a sad World if we can't have a Laugh at our selves from time to time, and especially reading an article about yourself,written by Somebody youv'e never met or even heard of, who doesn't bother to contact you to find out a little bit more before writing the article about you.

Funnily enough I had an e-mail sent to me about this award on the same day it was announced that my small 1 branch Independent Travel Agency had been shortlisted in 3 National Categories for Important Industry awards from more than 7,000 other UK Travel agencies (So for the present time i,m not going to give up the day job)

Yes there are a lot of Charlton Fans who probably deserve more of a mention on the official website, and I'm sure as it's a Quiet time until August, we'll have other Stories of interest that you can Write about, and plenty of people who deserve this award for more than myself who are regular Visitors, Travel from far and wide or help with the disabled etc or raise funds.
I remember the times that I could visit the Valley regularly, Hales and Flannagan getting sent off against Maidstone, Graham Tutts Career being ruined at the age of 19, Phil Warmans testimonial against Crystal Palace and the great Programmes of the era, Paul Way on the Front cover with the Fads shirts and What looked like very Tight Shorts.
Thank God also for Mid-week Matches and the games I have seen here in The Midlands, although Aston Villa was nothing to write home about this season. And Birmingham, Yes in front of Birmingham supporters and David Gold, I had the cheek to ask Sven if he Would be playing Scott Parker in the next England Game (I Think he got picked though on his ability rather than my intervention)

So Quite Rightly I call myself a Charlton Supporter, I listen to every Streaming on a Saturday in our agency (much to my staffs annoyance)My Travel Agency Car proudly has The Wembley Play off Final Scarf in the Window for all to see and I Was Praying for West Brom to retain their premiership status, and Hope it's another midweek game.
Nobody ever said I was the greatest supporter, just a Sentimental Fan going back to the Valley after so many years( Working abroad and other reasons I don't have to justify being the reason)

I Think any Charlton Supporter would have had the same emotions that I felt in the Circumstances and I certainly hope it's not as long before I return to The Valley to watch the team I've supported for more than 35 years

PART APOLOGY, PARTLY ACCEPTED

 

Post a Comment

<< Home